Monday, May 9, 2011

New Stuff Around Town

Lately I've been spending a lot of time on Tjörn as nearly every time I head up there I find something new that requires my attention.  

Last year I started developing a local Gothenburg area called Årekärr.  Most of the initial development was in one small area that seemed the most logical place to start, leaving the outlying areas to wait until I had time.  Well, over the last month or so I've managed to get in a couple half-days and do the initial work on a couple new sectors.

Here are a few pictures of just some of the new things we've put up.  The first 4 pictures are in one sector, the cool shelf boulder is at another and Me so Thorny is totally by itself.


 Kim on cool warmup.  Good rock and awesome holds.

 This one required Kim to get creative with her beta.  In the end she summoned her Inner Frenchie to get to the top

 I didn't manage to send this bulge as I think a colder day might be needed

 I wish this little roof had a few more moves before hitting the jugs.  It was still pretty cool.

 Chris on the top moves of Shelf-life

The tricky opening moves of Shelf-life 

The tenuous reach for a jug on Shelved  

A bad picture of a good problem.  What you can't really see is the single crack you follow up the center of the boulder.  Technical and powerful with a big committing move of the lip.  I'm calling it "Me so Thorny" do to the unforgiving bushes that almost ruin the landing

No comments: