Friday, September 14, 2012

Emarald Lake

I've emerged from an internet free week in Pie Town refreshed and a few pounds heavier.  Man I love pie.  It's been a great trip but all good things must end as I've only got a few day left in the States before I return to Sweden.  Until I sort through more recent photos, here are a few from a day spent at Emerald Lake earlier in the trip.

Emerald Lake is a small area in RMNP that shares much of the approach with the larger and more popular Chaos Canyon.  While Emerald doesn't have all that many problems the ones that are there are top notch.  I was very impressed with what I saw and will hopefully be going back next year to finish off the ones-that-got-away.


 Antonio on The Kind, an amazing problem at Emerald Lake

 Keith Allen on Whispers of Wisdom.  Also at Emeral Lake, this is one of the best problems in Colorado and Keith came heartbreakingly close.  I'm sure he went back to finish it off.

Tommy's Other Arete is another gem at Emerald.  

Knee-Bar.  The beta is in the problem name

No comments: