Saturday, February 27, 2010

Back in the Tanks

We've been down in Hueco Tanks for the last week. It's like coming home for me as I started climbing at the Tanks almost 10 years ago and have spent more time here than any other area. That being said I generally only have projects left and if I don't arrive in good shape I quickly become bitter while stubbornly throwing myself at everything. Fortunately Lina and Peter have never been here so I can keep myself in check by playing tour guide and hanging with Hammie.

We've managed to survive the first week with no flappers or serious injuries as we ease into the Hueco style of climbing. We'll be taking a break for a couple days and hopefully our rested bodies will yield tons of sending in the following week.

Here are a couple pics with plenty more to come.

Derek sending Loaded Direct

Glenn gets close on Diabolic

Prairie on McBain

No comments: